Keratsini is a large residential area of Piraeus and part of the Athens city facility. The range from the center of Athens has to do with 11 kilometres. The location was previously a farmhouse, however it was strongly urbanized, mostly after the 1950s. The central square of Evgenia is decorated by the statue of the Asia Minor, which was erected in memory of the evacuees from the Asia Minor Catastrophe resolved in the area. Pavlos Fissa Opportunity is the industrial area of the city with several shops.
The Ancient Times
Key Entry: I am
The very first negotiation of the Municipality was improved the κερατσινι hillside of Agios Georgios Hillside at a factor favorable to the possibility of raids and presence mixed-up. The foundations beside the church of St. George as well as the numerous finds give proof that the first settlement in the location was constructed around 3000 BC. The name of the location was Thymedata and also was surrounding with the piratical negotiation of Heracles, both of which came from Ancient Athens. The negotiation was situated on the present Method of Democracy, which connects Piraeus, Keratsini and also Perama as well as the center of Athens. It is guessed that Theseus constructed his ships there, based upon Plutarch's referral to the Identical Life. The website was deserted temporarily when Xerxes settled there.
The background of the District throughout the Roman and Byzantine durations is unidentified. In the 17th century, on capital of Agios Georgios was built the first church for Saint Nicholas. The monks of the abbey of Agios Spyridon called the location from Agios Dionysios (old borders) to capital of Agios Georgios Agriamen. This name did not prevail. The official name, both in Ottoman as well as Greek papers, was Keratsinion or Tseratsinion, with the last being much more widespread. The first one prevailed in the Modern Greek periods. The name Keratsinion is a complex word from the Kerathia that sprouted there as well as from the name of the owner of the entire area from capital of Agios Georgios to the Manitica and from today's burial ground of Anastasios to Drapetsona, called Ginis or Gynis.
During the Greek Revolution, Georgios Karaiskakis, who constructed the fortifications in Tabouria, worked out in Keratsini. In 1827 the city was destroyed by Kioutachis Pasha and continued to be deserted until 1830. In 1836 the inhabitants began to work out once again and also in 1840 the area (now called New village of Tseratsini) came from the Community of Athens. In 1870 it ended up being a self-governing area called Keratsini Town. The Piraeus, in honor of Karaiskakis, constructed a temple beside the chapel of Agios Nikolaos. In 1879 the site was remodelled and converted into an abbey. In 1963, the holy place was ruined and a young man was constructed in 2000. Each year, the "Karaiskakia" is organized by the Holy Church of St. George, wishing to recognize the Revolutionary Hero, George Karaiskakis.
After the arrival of the refugees from Smyrna on 18 January 1934 the location was changed into a district called the District of Tabouri. Later on it was renamed to the Town of Agios Georgios Keratsini, and from 1936 to 1947 the town was called the Municipality of Amfialis on the initiative of the after that mayor, Konstantinos Filandrou. In 1947 today name was established, the District of Keratsini.
In Keratsini, on 13 October 1944, the Fight of Electric, a conflict in between ELAS and also armed employees and various other people on the one hand as well as the retreating German conquerors on the various other. The victory of the former protected against the devastation of the power plant, which the last attempted to explode. The devastation of the plant would certainly make it impossible for the basin to be amazed for a long time. There is an exhibition of the Historic Archive of Pay Per Click as well as a memorial to the dead boxers has actually been set https://en.search.wordpress.com/?src=organic&q=keratsini up.
Leoforos Dimokratis - Keratsini
The District of Keratsini is associated with the town of Drapetsona in 2011 as well as other districts in Greece.